CIRCUMCISIONS & VASECTOMIES
- I AM CURRENTLY NOT PERFORMING CIRCUMCISIONS AND VASECTOMIES.
- Please call your family doctor for a referral to another doctor.
SEASONAL FLU SHOTS
- Flu shots ARE NOW AVAILABLE in our office to all patients. Please call to book an appointment to have your flu shot.
NEW SHINGLES VACCINE
- Click here for information about the new shingles vaccine Zostavax
- We have adequate supplies of Zostavax. Please call my office to schedule an appointment to have the shot.
Directions to OfficePlease ensure you enter your details without abbreviation (eg. Ontario rather than Ont.)
NOTICE RE: WALK-IN CLINICS
We request that you DO NOT use WALK-IN-CLINICS.
My practice is based on one of the Ministry of Health new family practice models. If you go to a walk-in-clinic, the Ministry of Health charges me the full amount of your visit. This also applies if you go to another general practitioner.
Another problem is that Walk-in-Clinics do not send me a report of your visit so I have no way of knowing your diagnosis or treatment given.
We would ask that you go to one of the following for urgent after hours
- St Joseph's Community Healthcare Urgent Care in the east end : 2757 King Street East click for hours
- Hamilton Health Sciences Main Street West Urgent Care in the west end : 690 Main Street West click for hours
- nearest Emergency Room
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO A WALK-IN-CLINIC DURING REGULAR OFFICE HOURS; PHONE MY OFFICE FIRST
ZOSTAVAX™ is the only vaccine indicated to help prevent shingles in individuals 50 years of age or older. It is given as a single dose injection and works by boosting your immune system to help protect you from shingles.
Persons who have had shingles are unlikely to have it again (95 percent of cases are in people with no history of shingles). However, the vaccine is approved for use in anyone 50 years of age and older regardless of history of shingles.
This vaccine is not covered by OHIP and the cost of the vaccine is $200, including administration. Some private insurance companies will reimburse some or all the cost of the shingles vaccine.
For more information on the Zostavax™ vaccine, click on the following link:
To read Frequently Asked Questions about Zostavax™, click on the following link:
We have adequate supplies of Zostavax. Please call my office to schedule an appointment to have the shot.
NOTICE RE: NEXT DAY PRIVATE OUT-OF-PROVINCE OF MRI/CT SCANS
Available in Western New York, 35 minutes from the Queenston-Lewiston bridge. MRI scans are available Monday to Saturday and CT scans Monday to Friday. Please call my office to arrange an appointment or click on the following link for more information: http://www.mridhs.com
|MRI Scan||$465 US|
|MRA Scan (for aneurysm)||$400 US|
|CT Scan||$310 US|